Terms of Service (Last updated February 10, 2014)
These Terms of Service govern your access to and use of the UrbanSitter website and mobile applications (collectively, the “Site”) and any services (the “Services”) offered on the Site. This is a legal agreement between you and UrbanSitter, Inc. (“we”, “us” or “UrbanSitter”).
By clicking the “I Agree” button on the account registration page or by using the Site, you are agreeing that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by these Terms of Service.
If you do not agree or are unable to agree to be bound by these Terms of Service, do not use the Site or the Services.
We may modify these Terms of Service from time to time. When changes are made, we will make the revised version available on this webpage, and will indicate at the top of this page the date that revisions were last made. Your use of the Site or the Services after such posting will constitute acceptance by you of such changes.
These Terms of Service are organized into the following eighteen sections:
- Nature of Our Site and Services
- Use of Site and Services
- User Content and Communication Rules and Guidelines
- Third Party Verification Service
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Third Party Sites
- Payment, Subscription, and Refund Policies
- Online Payment Service
- SMS Text Message Alert Service
- Promotional Offers and Credits
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- General Provisions
1. NATURE OF OUR SITE AND SERVICES.
- Site is a Venue. The Site provides a venue for people seeking babysitting and/or nanny services (“Parents”) to connect with people who want to provide those services (“Sitters,” and collectively with Parents, “Users”). UrbanSitter is not a referral, matching or placement service and does not provide, refer, place, offer or seek to obtain employment or engagements for any of its Users.
UrbanSitter does not screen or verify the identity, background, training or experience of any of the Users, including Users who have Subscriptions, or any content submitted by a User or anyone other than UrbanSitter (“User Content”), including but not limited to User Profiles and Reviews. As a result, UrbanSitter has no control over the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of Profiles, Reviews, background check information, affiliations or other User Content submitted on the Site, and makes no representations about any such User Content on the Site.
UrbanSitter further makes no representations about the Sitters or the Parents. You should make your own assessments of the persons you decide to interact with, engage or provide services to.
- Transactions Are Solely Between Users. WE ARE NOT INVOLVED IN THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN SITTERS AND PARENTS. Users arrange for the services solely between themselves, and UrbanSitter is not a party to any of those arrangements. UrbanSitter does not have control, supervise or provide any training or equipment to the Sitters, and has no control over the quality, timing, legality, failure to provide, or any other aspect whatsoever of the services provided by Sitters. Because we are not involved in User-to-User dealings or control the behavior of Users, Users must resolve any issues, disputes or concerns directly with each other, including any issues regarding payments to a Sitter or services received by a Parent. As set forth in Section 15, you agree to release UrbanSitter from any claims or liability that may arise from any disputes between you and other Users.
UrbanSitter is not an employment service and does not serve as an employer of any User. As such, Users are solely responsible (and UrbanSitter is not responsible), for any tax, withholding or reporting, including, but not limited to, unemployment insurance, social security or payroll withholding tax or income reporting in connection with any services provided by Users. You understand and agree that if UrbanSitter is found to be liable for any tax, withholding tax or reporting obligation in connection with any services provided or received by you, then you will immediately reimburse and indemnify UrbanSitter for all costs, expenses and liabilities (including any interest and penalties) relating to the same.
If requested by UrbanSitter, you agree to provide UrbanSitter with such identification documents (including copies of passports and driver’s licenses) or other information as may be needed or requested by UrbanSitter.
By requesting to use, registering to use and/or using the Site, you represent and warrant that:
if you are a Parent:
- Minimum Age You are an individual at least 18 years of age and at least the legal age of majority in the state in which you reside;
- Criminal History. You and each member of your household (a) have/has never been convicted of, or is/are currently pending trial for, any felony, any criminal offense involving violence, abuse, neglect, fraud or larceny, or any offense that involves endangering the safety of others, and (b) have/has not been and are/is not currently required to register as a sex offender with any government entity.
if you are a Sitter:
- Minimum Age You are an individual at least 18 years of age and at least the legal age of majority in the state in which you reside;
- Legal Right to Work. You have the legal right to work in the United States; and
- Criminal History. You (a) have/has never been convicted of, or is/are currently pending trial for, any felony or misdemeanor, any criminal offense involving violence, abuse, neglect, fraud or larceny, or any offense that involves endangering the safety of others, and (b) have/has not been and are/is not currently required to register as a sex offender with any government entity.
URBANSITTER DOES NOT CONDUCT BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS USERS. However, we reserve the right to verify the representations and warranties you have made, which may include, without limitation, conducting criminal background checks to the extent permitted by law and using available public records.
USER AGREES TO RELEASE URBANSITTER AND URBANSITTER’S AFFILIATED PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIMS REGARDING ANY MISSTATEMENTS AND MISREPRESENTATIONS MADE BY ANY USERS OF THIS SITE. ("Affiliated Parties" means UrbanSitter’s officers, directors, members, agents, assignees, representatives, marketing partners, licensors, independent contractors and employees.)
3. USE OF SITE AND SERVICES.
As a User, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account login, and you are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Personal Use Only. Your account is for your own personal use, and you may not permit anyone else to use your account. The Site is intended to be used by people who want to find, select, review and connect with other Users so they can receive, provide or share information about, child care services. Any use of this Site for any other purpose, (including but not limited to using the Site or information obtained from the Site to solicit, advertise to or contact Users for any other purpose) is prohibited.
You may not transmit any chain letters, junk or spam e-mail to other Users, or use any information obtained from the Site to harass, abuse or harm another person. To protect Users from such activity, we reserve the right to take appropriate actions, including, but not limited to, restricting the number of messages which a User may send to other Users through the Site in any 24-hour period, terminating Subscriptions and/or accounts or blocking users with certain IP addresses from accessing the Site.
Use of Other Users' Personal Information. You may from time to time receive personal information of another User. For example, upon confirmation of a booking, Users will be provided with each other’s contact information. Any personal information you receive may only be used for the specific purpose it was provided to you in connection with the Site and the Services. Sitters may not contact Parents, and Parents may not contact Sitters, for any purpose other than asking a question, providing information, or making arrangements related to a booking on the Site.
Circumvention of Site and Services. You may not use the Site or Services, or information obtained from the Site or Services, for the purposes of circumventing or attempting to circumvent UrbanSitter’s messaging tools or booking platform, including for the purpose of avoiding the obligation to pay fees related to UrbanSitter’s provision of the Services.
Additional Prohibited Uses. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site or Services, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Services, the Site, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of malware, overloading, "flooding," "spamming," "mail bombing," or "crashing;" (d) using the Site or Services to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Services; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by UrbanSitter in providing the Site or Services. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
Risk Assumption and Precautions. You assume all risk when using the Site, including, but not limited to, all of the risks associated with any online or offline interaction with others. You agree to take all necessary precautions when meeting other Users.
No Violation of Laws. Your use of the Site and the Services, including, but not limited to, the User Content you post on the Site, must be in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Reporting of Violations. You agree to report to us promptly any violation of these Terms of Service or any alleged improprieties of any Users. You can contact us at email@example.com.
Beta Features. From time to time, we may offer new “beta” features or tools with which Users may experiment on the Site. Such features or tools are offered solely for experimental purposes and may be modified or discontinued at UrbanSitter’s sole discretion. The provisions in Section 15 regarding Disclaimer of Warranty apply to such features or tools.
Group Affiliations. Users may have the option to list certain school or local group affiliations as part of their Profile. Unless expressly stated otherwise, UrbanSitter is not affiliated with any of these listed organizations nor does UrbanSitter verify the User’s membership with such listed organization.
4. USER CONTENT AND COMMUNICATION RULES AND GUIDELINES.
As a User of the Site, you may have the opportunity to post or transmit User Content, such as User profiles (“Profiles”), reviews of Sitters (“Reviews”), and messages to other Users or on group forums. You are solely responsible for any User Content you post on the Site or transmit to other Users, and once posted or transmitted, cannot always be withdrawn.
Content and Communication Restrictions. You will not post on the Site, transmit to other Users, communicate any content (including links to content), or otherwise engage in any activity on the Site or through the Services, that:
- contains photographs or images of another person, unless you are that person’s parent or legal guardian;
- contains others’ copyrighted content unless you have written permission from the copyright owner;
- contains or discloses another person’s personal information without his or her written permission, or collects or solicits another person’s personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- implies that the User Content is in any way endorsed or sponsored by UrbanSitter;
- is implicitly or explicitly offensive, such as User Content that engages in, endorses or promotes racism, bigotry, discrimination, hatred or physical harm of any kind;
- is intended to harass, annoy, threaten or intimidate any other Users of the Site;
- is false, misleading, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, or otherwise objectionable;
- involves the transmission of junk mail, chain letters, or unsolicited mass mailing or spamming, phishing, trolling or other similar activities;
- contains any malware (including but not limited to viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, cancelbots, worms or other harmful, or disruptive codes, components or devices);
- is off-topic, meaningless, or otherwise intended to annoy or interfere with others' use of the Site;
- uses scripts, bots or other automated technology to access the Site;
- attempts to circumvent UrbanSitter’s messaging tools or booking platform, or attempts to avoid applicable UrbanSitter fees;
- otherwise violates (A) the rights of third parties, including rights of privacy or publicity, or (B) violates applicable laws and regulations.
Content Removal. We may, but we have no obligation to, monitor User Content submitted on the Site, including Profiles, Reviews or other User Content. We may remove any such information, and material that in our sole opinion either (i) violates, or may violate, any applicable law or either the letter or spirit of these Terms of Service, (ii) might be offensive, illegal or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of Users or others, or (iii) is determined to be inappropriate for any other reason at the sole discretion of UrbanSitter.
Our Right to Use Your User Content. By posting User Content to the Site, you grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to UrbanSitter, its Affiliated Parties, licensees and successors, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, reproduce, adapt, modify and distribute such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
Review Guidelines. Parents will have the opportunity to provide Reviews about Sitters they have used. Reviews should not include any personal information about a Sitter that is not disclosed in the Sitter’s public Profile (for example, the Review should not include or reference a Sitter’s address or phone number). Reviews should be limited to your firsthand experience (not what you heard from someone else) and should be factually accurate. You should avoid broad generalizations and exaggerations. If appropriate, you should update your reviews to reflect new experiences. As with other User Content, we reserve the right to remove any Review that we feel, in our sole discretion, violates these guidelines.
By UrbanSitter. UrbanSitter may, in its sole discretion, for any reason or no reason, with or without notice (i) terminate or suspend your Subscription and/or your account and your access to the Site, and/or (ii) remove your Profile and/or any content posted by or about you, from the Site. Unless otherwise decided by UrbanSitter, such termination, suspension, and/or removal will be effective immediately. Following any termination or suspension of any User’s Subscription and/or account, UrbanSitter may send a notice of the termination or suspension to other Users you have corresponded with. If your account has been terminated by UrbanSitter, you may not re-register without UrbanSitter’s consent (and if you are permitted to re-register, your previous information and activity, including any fee credits, may no longer be available).
By User. As a User, you may terminate your account at any time by going to Account Settings and then clicking on “Delete my account.” You may re-register at any time, but your previous information and activity, including any fee credits and any User Content you may have created, may no longer be available. If you have a Subscription, you may cancel it in accordance with Section 9.
Effect of Termination. Upon the termination of your account, you will no longer have access to the portions of the Site and Services that require account registration. If your account is terminated, your Profile will no longer be displayed, but other User Content you have posted or transmitted (e.g., Reviews, messages to other Users) may or may not (in our sole discretion) remain on the Site. Any User Content associated with your account after your account’s termination may not be available to you if you re-register with UrbanSitter. Upon the termination of your Subscription, you will no longer have access to Premium Services, but you will continue to have access to your account and portions of the Site and Services that are available to Users who do not have Subscriptions. If following the termination or cancellation of your Subscription and/or account, you continue to access and use other portions of the Site and/or Services, your use will continue to be governed by these Terms of Service. In addition, regardless of your discontinuation to use or access the Site, Sections 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 of these Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect.
6. THIRD PARTY VERIFICATION SERVICE.
UrbanSitter may make available to Sitters one or more third-party verification services (each, a “3rd Party Verification Service”) that allow Sitters to provide verification of their own information such as, for example, name, social security number, and criminal background. If the 3rd Party Verification Service reports that a Sitter has cleared the 3rd Party Verification Service’s background check, at UrbanSitter's discretion, this information may be included on the Sitter’s Profile along with the date the Sitter cleared the background check for a period of up to 12-months from the background check date (after which period, it shall be the Sitter’s responsibility to reinitiate, if the Sitter chooses, a new background check). Use of a 3rd Party Verification Service is voluntary, and UrbanSitter does not endorse, have any control over, or make any representations regarding the quality, accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information provided by the 3rd Party Verification Service. In addition, you understand that UrbanSitter may review the information provided by the 3rd Party Verification Service and that UrbanSitter retains the right, but has no obligation, to terminate your UrbanSitter account based on the information.
Please note that 3rd Party Verification Services may be incomplete and may not provide all information about a Sitter that may be relevant to you such as, for example, traffic violations, address verification, and pending criminal and/or civil complaints. Accordingly, you should take such actions as you feel are appropriate to evaluate a Sitter’s background.
7. FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT.
Pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act (the “FCRA”), we are notifying you that if you choose to participate in a 3rd Party Verification Service, it may, as part of that service, obtain a consumer report about you from a consumer reporting agency. Consumer reports may contain information on your character, general reputation, personal characteristics, and mode of living, including, but not limited to, consumer credit, criminal history, workers' compensation, driving, employment, military, civil, and educational data and reports. If you use or access information provided by a 3rd Party Verification Service, you warrant that you will use such information only for a purpose permitted by the FCRA and that you will comply with any and all applicable obligations of the FCRA, which can be found at http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fcrajump.shtm as well as all other applicable consumer reporting laws. If you decide to access, use, or share information provided by a 3rd Party Verification Service with any other party (either through this Site or otherwise), you agree to do so in accordance with applicable law and to indemnify and hold harmless UrbanSitter and its Affiliated Parties from any loss, liability, damage, or costs that may result from such access, use, or sharing of this information, regardless of the cause. UrbanSitter does not assume and expressly disclaims any liability that may result from the use of information provided by a 3rd Party Verification Service.
8. THIRD PARTY SITES.
The Site may include links to other websites (including other sites that are framed within the Site) or applications, or functionality to connect with other websites such as Facebook (each, a “Third Party Site”) or advertisements. We do not control or endorse any Third Party Site or advertisements, and we are not responsible for any content, product, advertising and other materials presented in or provided by such Third Party Site or advertisement. Your use and access of a Third Party Site is at your own risk, and is subject to the terms and conditions for such Third Party Site.
9. PAYMENT, SUBSCRIPTION, CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICIES.
Fees and Subscriptions. Where indicated on the Site, fees are charged to access and use certain Services on the Site. For example, Parents may pay a fee to complete an initial booking for an interview or a job with an individual Sitter under the Pay-As-You-Go plan. Additionally, Users may purchase subscriptions (“Subscriptions”) to use and access certain Services (“Premium Services”) that are not available to Users who do not have Subscriptions. Premium Services for Sitters may also include receiving a more prominent listing on the Site. Premium Services for Sitters may also include receiving a more prominent listing on the Site.
Services, including the Pay-As-You-Go plan, Subscription plans and the Premium Services available under such plans, and fees (including which Services are charged fees) are subject to change or termination by UrbanSitter from time to time without notice. If there is any change to the Pay-As-You-Go plan, Subscription plans, Premium Services or fees, the pages listing the current Pay-As-You-Go plan, Subscription plans and Premium Services or fees, respectively, will be updated.
Users who use these fee-based Services agree to pay UrbanSitter the applicable fees then in effect. In addition, Users authorize UrbanSitter to charge their chosen payment provider for use of the Site. UrbanSitter reserves the right to correct any errors or mistakes that it makes, even if it has already requested or received payment. All fees and charges are nonrefundable and there are no refunds or credits once your account has been billed, including if there is any change to the Subscription plans or Premium Services available thereunder.
Subscriptions, fee credits (if any), and any other items or benefits associated with a User’s Subscription are nontransferable.
Subscription Renewals and Cancellation. Subscriptions will continue until cancelled by the User. At the end of your Subscription period, your Subscription will automatically renew for the same Subscription period (for example, monthly or annually) at the then-current Subscription rate for the applicable Subscription plan, unless you cancel your Subscription before it renews. For example, if you signed up for an annual Subscription plan, at the end of the initial one-year period if you haven’t yet cancelled your Subscription, your Subscription will be automatically renewed for another one-year period at the then-current rate for annual Subscriptions. For any automatic renewal, you authorize UrbanSitter to charge your selected payment method the then-current applicable fee in accordance with the Subscription plan you selected.
To cancel your Subscription, complete the subscription cancellation form available here. The cancellation will be effective at the end of your then current Subscription term. If you cancel your Subscription, you will continue to have access to your Premium Services associated with your Subscription until the cancellation becomes effective. All fees and charges are nonrefundable and there are no refunds or credits once your account has been billed, including if you cancel your Subscription and/or account. All Premium Services cease when your Subscription’s cancellation becomes effective; your Subscription will not renew thereafter. Upon the effective cancellation of your Subscription, you will no longer have access to Premium Services, but you will continue to have access to your account and portions of the Site and Services that are available to Users who do not have Subscriptions. Cancelling your Subscription will not delete your account. You can delete your account on your My Account page.
Free Trials and Promotional Offers. UrbanSitter may offer limited time, free trial Subscriptions or Promotional Offers from time to time. Users under a free trial Subscription will have access to such Premium Services as decided by UrbanSitter. UrbanSitter may require a User to provide the User’s payment information to start a free trial. For such free trials, UrbanSitter may automatically charge the User for the Subscription on the first day following the end of the free trial period, on a recurring monthly or annual basis or as otherwise described in the offer for the free trial. To avoid such charges, Users with free trial Subscriptions must cancel their Subscription before the end of the free trial period. Promotional Offers, which may include discount codes or account credits toward fees, may be subject to expiration dates and may only be applicable to select Users.
Payment Information. If you purchase a Subscription (or have a free trial Subscription), use UrbanSitter’s Online Payment Service or otherwise use any of UrbanSitter’s fee-based Services, you agree to UrbanSitter storing your payment card information. Users with Subscriptions are responsible for maintaining current and accurate payment card information associated with their accounts. Without limiting Section 5.a., UrbanSitter may terminate a User’s Subscription and/or account if the User’s payment card information is expired or is otherwise invalid.
If your Subscription is cancelled, expires, or becomes inactive for any reason, any User Content associated with your Subscription and any related fee credits may not be available if you repurchase a Subscription or if your Subscription otherwise is reactivated.
Subscriptions, fee credits, and any other items or benefits associated with a Sitter’s Subscription are nontransferable.
UrbanSitter may in the future offer Subscriptions to Parents. If these Subscriptions are offered, these Terms of Service will be updated to include terms and conditions governing those subscriptions.
10. ONLINE PAYMENT SERVICE.
UrbanSitter offers an online payment service (“Online Payment Service”) to facilitate payments from Parents to Sitters. The Online Payment Service may be subject to availability based on geographic area, Subscription enrollment or other basis, as determined by UrbanSitter. Sitters must accept payments through the Online Payment Service and, where available, Parents booking with Sitters may choose to make payments online to Sitters. Please refer to UrbanSitter’s Online Payment Terms and Conditions, available here for additional information and terms and conditions governing use of this service.
11. SMS TEXT MESSAGE ALERT SERVICE.
UrbanSitter may make SMS text message alert service available to Users. Users who decide to use this service will receive SMS text message notifications on their cellular phones and/or mobile devices. Use of the SMS text message service is voluntary, and if you decide to use this service, you are giving UrbanSitter permission to send SMS text messages to your cellular phone and/or mobile device. We do not charge for this service, but your carrier may charge you.
12. PROMOTIONAL OFFERS AND CREDITS.
From time to time, UrbanSitter may offer special promotions, credits, awards or discounts (“Promotions”). All Promotions will be run at the sole discretion of UrbanSitter, and can be modified or terminated at any time by UrbanSitter with or without advance notice. Promotions may be offered on a limited time basis and may be subject to certain restrictions, terms and conditions (which will be described at the time of the Promotion). As part of a Promotion, UrbanSitter may offer fee or reward credits to its Users. Fee or reward credits are non-transferrable, not redeemable for cash, and may be subject to other terms and conditions.
13. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
Copyright. All materials on the Site other than User Content are either owned by UrbanSitter or are the property of UrbanSitter’s suppliers or licensors. You may not use these materials except as we give you written permission to do so.
Trademarks. The service marks and trademarks “UrbanSitter” and the UrbanSitter logo are owned by UrbanSitter. Any other trademarks, service marks, logos and/or trade names appearing on the Site are the property of their respective owners. You agree that you recognize the rights of UrbanSitter and the respective third parties in those marks. You may not copy or use any of these marks, logos or trade names without the written permission of the owner.
Ownership and Use. UrbanSitter retains ownership of its intellectual property rights and you have no rights to UrbanSitter’s intellectual property or UrbanSitter’s rights in its intellectual property. Except to the extent you are actually reading materials on the Site as you use the Site or Services (or downloading or printing such materials for your personal reference), you have no right to use, copy, display, perform, create derivative works from, distribute, have distributed, transmit or sublicense from materials or content available on the Site, other than User Content you create.
Your Content. Other than the non-exclusive license granted to UrbanSitter with respect to User Content (described in Section 4.c. above), UrbanSitter will not acquire an ownership interest in the User Content you post.
If any disputes or disagreements arise between a Parent and a Sitter relating to the services provided by Sitter or payments made by or due from Parent, the Parent and the Sitter are responsible for resolving any such disputes directly with each other. UrbanSitter will not be a party to any such dispute, and UrbanSitter will not be obligated to take any action toward resolving the dispute.
15. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY. THIS SECTION LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF URBANSITTER AND ITS AFFILIATED PARTIES. EACH OF THE SUBSECTIONS BELOW APPLIES UP TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless UrbanSitter and its Affiliated Parties from and against any and all claims, losses, expenses, demands or liability, including attorneys' fees and costs incurred by UrbanSitter and its Affiliated Parties in connection with any claim by a third party (including an intellectual property claim) arising out of (i) your use or misuse of, or inability to use, the Site or Services, (ii) any materials and content you submit, post or transmit through the Site, (iii) your violation of these Terms of Service or your violation of any rights of a third party, (iv) your interactions with or conduct towards any other Users, or (v) your violation of any applicable law, rules or regulations. You agree that you will cooperate as reasonably requested by UrbanSitter in the defense of such claims. UrbanSitter and its Affiliated Parties reserve the right, at their own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by Users.
17. DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT.
UrbanSitter respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its Users to do the same. UrbanSitter may remove content that, in its sole discretion, appears to infringe the intellectual property rights of others. In addition, UrbanSitter, in its sole and absolute discretion, may terminate the accounts of Users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe any materials on the Site infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials from the Site by contacting UrbanSitter’s copyright agent (identified below) and providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that "under penalty of perjury," you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
UrbanSitter's Copyright Agent is:Copyright Agent
601 California Street, #607
San Francisco, CA 94108
18. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- Governing Law and Venue. California law governs these Terms of Service, as well as any claim, cause of action or dispute that might arise between you and UrbanSitter, without regard to conflict of law provisions. For any such claim, cause of action or dispute, you agree and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts of the State of California, City and County of San Francisco.
- No Joint Venture or Partnership. Nothing in these Terms of Service may be construed as making either party the partner, joint venturer, agent, legal representative, employer, contractor or employee of the other. UrbanSitter is not an employment service or agency, and does not serve as an employer or referral source for any User.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms of Service is held unenforceable, then such provision will be modified to reflect the parties’ intention, and all remaining provisions of these Terms of Service shall remain in full force and effect.
- Complete Agreement. These Terms of Service contains the entire agreement between you and UrbanSitter regarding the use of the Site and Services, and supersede any prior agreement between you and us on such subject matter. The parties acknowledge that no reliance is placed on any representation made but not contained in these Terms of Services.
- Contact Information. If you have any questions or need further information as to the Site or the Services, or need to notify UrbanSitter as to any matters relating to the Site or Services please contact UrbanSitter at: UrbanSitter, Inc.
268 Bush Street, P.O. Box 3944
San Francisco, CA 94104