Family looking for a full time caretaker starting ASAP in Clinton Hill - $17/hr
Posted a month ago by a parent
Full Time, starting ASAP
Brooklyn - Clinton Hill
$17/hour for 0 hour per week
About this nanny job
We’re looking for a kind, nurturing, and fun babysitter with a love for children to watch our daughter for the summer. Mom will be working from home, so we really just need someone who can be with our daughter during the day, relatively unattended, but with mom close by. We are a caring and compassionate family, and we’re looking for someone who will bring energy and ideas to engage and entertain our daughter in ways that will help her reach milestones and find joy in every day.
- Dates: Early May (flexible) - late August/early September
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Flexibility: We sometimes need help a little later, like 5:30pm, but this is rare.
- Location: Clinton Hill, Brooklyn. Our ideal babysitter will live nearby, but we are open to candidates from any location that won’t impede working hours.
- COVID: Depending on your circumstances (vaccination, living situation, etc), we will pay for you to have weekly COVID testing.
- Ideally you have experience working with children around this age
- Organizational skills
- Sound instincts and judgement
- CPR training a bonus. We are also willing to pay for a CPR training course.
- Engage our daughter in developmentally appropriate activities: going outdoors, singing, reading, playing games, etc.
- Feed her meals (mom and dad will prepare all foods, so no prep necessary).
- Clean up after meals and put toys away.
- Put her down and get her up from naps.
- Make judgement calls when mom is unavailable.
Nanny job details
Who you'll nanny for
Ages: 19 months
Nanny job duties