Family needs a part time caretaker starting Monday, Aug 02 - $30/hr
Posted 12 days ago by a parent
Part Time, starting Monday, Aug 02
Seattle, WA 98117
$30/hour on 5 days per week
About this nanny job
We are a family in North Ballard looking for a nanny to start in August. We need 2-4 days a week, (with potential for more hours as desired). Our current nanny landed her dream job as a florist so will be starting that in August.
-2 kids: 3.5yo & 1.5yo
- Large, friendly dog that will be upstairs away from you unless you want it with you.
- Part or full time (minimum 16h/w, could go up to 40 if desired, willing to discuss guaranteed minimums)
- Pay is “over the table”- taxes filed, paid sick time accrues
- Hours in between Monday-Friday, can add hours on the weekend if desired
- Easy and free street parking (or you can use our driveway)
- One parent is WFH (working from home) and will be upstairs, out of your hair, but available if you need help
— and I have *no* desire to micromanage. If the kids and you are happy and healthy then great- do things your way, teach them your rules. But if you want a lunch/bathroom/adult break then I can be here for you!
- Fenced and somewhat kid proofed backyard with swing set, you’re welcome to dig/play/run out there any time you want to bundle the kids up!
- Downstairs “kid”room has a couch, TV, air hockey table, Alexa for music, obviously kid toys, and there’s a separate kitchenette area with mini fridge, microwave, keurig, and a separate bathroom nearby
- We are covid cautious, and both parents are fully vaccinated. Because the kids are still too young for vaccination we are hoping to find someone else still being Covid cautious (and fully vaccinated). We would like to feel comfortable with everyone unmasked while in the house.
- We aren’t big on punishment, we try to get on their level and explain why something has to happen and try to give them autonomy when we can. Then have them take responsibility for their decisions.
- I swear... I’m working on it, but don’t be shocked if the toddler says a “bad” word. Although she is training me to stop, so she will happily tell you “that word makes people sad” if you (like me) let it fly sometimes.
- we aren’t religious
About you (hopefully):
- Non smoker
- up to date on vaccinations (including Covid)
- feminist, comfortable talking about poop (I need to know if my kid is backed up, has diarrhea, or struggling to poop or something weird)
- patient and kind
Nanny job details
Who you'll nanny for
Ages: 3 years, 20 months
Nanny job duties
Benefits of the job
- Parking is easy to find/available
Nanny job schedule
- MON: during the day
- TUE: during the day
- WED: during the day
- THU: during the day
- FRI: during the day