Hiring a full time caretaker starting Wednesday, Dec 01 in Manhattan - $18/hr
Posted 21 days ago by a parent
Full Time, starting Wednesday, Dec 01
New York, NY - Manhattan 10035
$18/hour on 5 days per week
About this nanny job
We are a Canadian family living in south-central Harlem seeking a full-time live-out nanny for our 4-month-old baby boy. We are looking for an energetic nanny who genuinely loves kids and who is kind, calming, patient, and proactive. Preference will be given for a nanny who speaks English and French, or English and Spanish.
The career nanny must have several years of experience with newborns on up. This person must have early childhood development knowledge, should take initiative, and be positive. You should be engaging, know food transitions, and age-appropriate activities. The nanny’s support will be required as our baby eases into a sleep schedule. The nanny will take responsibility for organizing fun playdates or attending activities with our baby. The career nanny should have experience in preparing fresh and nutritious meals for children. This person will also do the baby’s laundry, clean up after them, and handle very light housekeeping (e.g. keep the kitchen clean, tidy up, etc.).
We have an 11-year old Norwegian Elkhound dog who is socialized and calm, but it will not be the responsibility of the nanny.
Given our own employment, we will alternate working from home. Hours will be Monday through Friday from 8am-6pm. You must be flexible to stay late, if needed. The career nanny must be CPR/First Aid certified. COVID vaccination is required along with adherence to COVID-safety protocols. The nanny must be legally entitled to work in the USA. A work agreement will be in place between the nanny and the family.
Compensation is $18/hour with an annual bonus, sick/personal days, overtime ≥ 40 hours/week and paid Federal holidays. At least three weeks of vacation included with timing to be aligned between the family and nanny. Start-date is expected for December 1, 2021.
For further consideration, applicants must possess the following:
• Authorization to work in the US.
• A minimum of 5 years' experience as a full-time nanny or 7 years as a steady part-time nanny working in private homes.
• Exceptional childcare references.
• Education or equivalent knowledge of ages and stages of child growth and development.
• Ability to commit for at least 1 year.
• Readiness to help with very light housekeeping and tasks related to childcare.
• Certifications such as First Aid, CPR & AED.
• A clean background check.
• A professional appearance.
• Fluency in both oral and written English.
• Fluency in both oral and written French or Spanish.
Nanny job details
Who you'll nanny for
Age: 4 months
Nanny job duties
- Feeding children
- Making meals
- Bedtime Routine
Benefits of the job
- Parking is easy to find/available
Nanny job schedule
- MON: During the day
- TUE: During the day
- WED: During the day
- THU: During the day
- FRI: During the day