Sitter required Tuesday, Dec 07, 6:30pm - 7:30pm in Courthouse - $30/hr
Posted 9 days ago by a parent
Tuesday, Dec 07, 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Arlington, VA - Courthouse 22209
$30/hour for 1 hour
About this babysitting job
We are looking for a part-time tutor for a 4.5-year-old child. We are looking for someone whom we can meet regularly once a week on a weekday evening for about an hour, so it would be a great plus if you lived nearby (we are located in between Rosslyn and Courthouse).
- Read storybooks and follow up by a short after-read activity about the book (discussion about the story line, characters etc.)
- Do some reading/writing workbooks.
- Teach basic manners about how to politely talk to a teacher and adults in general.
- Child's first language is English---we are NOT looking for an ESL tutor.
- substantial experience in teaching or tutoring English to children about 4 to 5 years old
- fluency in English and familiarity with language use in a socially formal and academic setup.
- Experience with formal educational institutions (e.g. retired teachers).
- Experience in Kindergarten classes.
- Child gets to read and understand books at the Kindergarten level.
- Child learns to talk politely to adults.
- Child develops a habit of focusing on learning activities for the duration of instruction.
Babysitting job details
Who you'll babysit for
Age: 4 years
Babysitting job duties
Benefits of the job
- Parking is easy to find/available