Family looking for a full time caretaker starting Monday, Feb 14 in Wicker Park - $18/hr
Posted 8 days ago by a parent
Full Time, starting Monday, Feb 14
Chicago, IL - Wicker Park 60622
$18/hour on 5 days per week
About this nanny job
We are looking for an experienced and confident Nanny to join our growing family! We live in a single family home in Wicker Park and have one delightful daughter who is 3 years old, and a baby due in July 2022. Our current nanny is utterly amazing however she is pregnant herself, and will not be returning to work once her child is born. We are so sad!
Our daughter is a bright, bubbly, energetic little lady who is highly curious, loves exploring the outdoors, enjoys reading and imaginary play. She loves stories (telling and listening!), experimenting and learning, and her favourite activities are craft, climbing/physical activities, matching pairs, puzzles and Magna Tiles. We are looking for a Nanny that will be a genuine part of our family for years to come; one who can grow with us and occasionally travel too (if this is of interest, when COVID lets up!). Both parents work from home in their own office in our large, multi-story single family home. There are plenty of play spaces indoor and out, and we are opposite Wicker Park with plenty of outdoor space!
Day-to-day care of our daughter, and support with our newborn son when he arrives.
Once mum returns to work in October 2022, there will be full time care required for our infant son as well (our daughter will be in school then).
Across both children these responsibilities include:
• Healthy, nutritious meal & snack preparation (daughter - occasional breakfasts/dinners, always lunches and snacks); for our son – where mum isn't available to breastfeed, feed him from a bottle) and clean up after meals
• Age appropriate engaging and fun development activities
• Social outings (when COVID permits).
• You will engage in active play/education, always talk with our children, be willing to sing and be silly together.
Nanny Qualifications / Skills:
• Passionate about and love working with young children
• Friendly, with excellent communication skills (good English essential)
• Compassionate and Empathetic
• Reliable and punctual
• Trustworthy and honest
• Highly organized
• Proactive by nature
• MUST have experience working with children <6 months
• Experience with >1 child preferred
• Non-smoker, no drug use
• College education preferred, high school essential
Full Job description available on request
Start date: Flexible for right person - by mid/end March is essential.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Nanny job details
Who you'll nanny for
Age: 3 years, baby due July 2022
Nanny job duties
- Feeding children
- Making meals
Benefits of the job
- Parking is easy to find/available
Nanny job schedule
- MON: During the day
- TUE: During the day
- WED: During the day
- THU: During the day
- FRI: During the day