Seeking an experienced caretaker starting Tuesday, Jul 05 in Downtown - $20/hr
Posted 4 days ago by a parent
Full Time, starting Tuesday, Jul 05
San Jose, CA - Downtown 95110
$20/hour for 40 hours per week
About this nanny job
We are looking for a responsible, Christian, morally exemplary nanny to become part of our family unit and look after our vibrant 5-month-old kiddo. We look for you to create a safe, healthy, and fun environment for our child. As a nanny, we know our child will look to you as a role model on how she should be engaging with the world around her and we want to make sure that you enjoy working with children in these formative stages. We are located in the heart of San Jose downtown close to many parks, tech museums, libraries, etc. that are within walking distance but could require you to drive. We hope you are comfortable with both parents working from home in addition to a 10-year-old senior citizen dog in the home. You’ll need to be comfortable with the pet around. This is a nanny role with at least ~40 hrs/wk (e.g. M-F 9am - 5pm). There may be opportunities for overtime, nights, or weekend hours.
To be successful you’ll need to look after our child and the home environment as if they were your own. Preferred applicants are compassionate, competent, organized, and kind.
Nanny Job Responsibilities:
● Administers one-on-one care and meets the physical, emotional, social, and intellectual needs of the child.
● Take care of our baby including feeding, changing diapers, reading, taking walks, etc.
● Plans and implements the child’s daily schedule as agreed with parents
● May include additional household tasks, such as cooking baby food, and laundry for the child.
● Patience and communication skills to successfully interact with the child
Education, Experience, and Licensing Req.:
● +18 years old
● Passion for working with children, 5+ years of experience working with infants - or child care services.
● High school diploma, GED
● CPR/First Aid, 1 & 2 (within 6-12 months of hire), and CPI certification; Any state-mandated certification
● Must be vaccinated and frequently perform COVID testing
● Good moral character and pleasant disposition.
● Have a valid in-state driver’s license, provide current registration and insurance, and
have a driving record with no more than 1 point within the last 3 years
● Must be able to complete a background check successfully.
● Must provide at least three valid references
● Outstanding communication (bilingual - English & Spanish preferred) skills
● Valid U.S. work authorization and looking for a long-term commitment
● We are a smoke-free household and would expect the same.
Nanny job details
Who you'll nanny for
Age: 5 months
Nanny job duties
- Feeding children
- Making meals
- Driving children in caregiver’s car
Benefits of the job
- Parking is easy to find/available
Nanny job schedule
- MON: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- TUE: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- WED: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- THU: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- FRI: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM