Family looking for a part time caretaker starting Tuesday, Oct 04 in Bucktown - $17/hr
Posted 18 days ago by a parent
Part Time, starting Tuesday, Oct 04
Chicago, IL - Bucktown 60647
$17/hour on 2 days per week
About this nanny job
Location: Bucktown neighborhood in Chicago (Near North Ave & Western Ave)
Time: Part-time. Mildly flexible, 5-10 hrs/week. Ideally 1-2 weekdays for 3-5 hours at a time between the hours of 8am-1pm.
Duration: On-going, ideal commitment is for 6+ months.
Pay: $17/hr based on experience and increased pay for longevity in the role + mileage reimbursement
Proof of COVID vaccine and booster
Must have car and be willing to drive my parents as needed
Fluent in English
Whatsapp for phone communication with parents
Situation & Your Role:
My mother and father live in Bucktown and are mostly self-sufficient. They speak fluent English and can cook, go on walks, take their meds, and generally do life on their own. We live only 1 mile away, so most major needs are taken care of. Your role would be to provide extra companionship, transportation, and light assistance for daily activities. You must have a car and be able to drive one or both parents. We’ll reimburse mileage.
Your primary work will be with my mother. She is 69 years old and has Aphasia from an accident years ago. It’s important that you have experience with Aphasia and can try to understand my mom’s intent as she sometimes mixes up her words (often it needs patience and a little gentle confirmation). A couple days per week, she will need companionship for walking, shopping and simply taking her out of the neighborhood for a different scene. She loves to chat, play cards, and walk. Occasionally, she’ll need help going to the doctor, dentist, or other appointments.
Less often, your work will be to assist my father. He is 78 years old and is in good health. He wears a hearing aid and needs clear and slow communication. He generally reads, uses the computer, or watches TV on his own, but he could also use additional companionship.
- engaging in conversation and building relationships
- driving parent(s) to stores, dentist/doctor appts, or Hindu temple in Aurora, IL (will reimburse mileage)
- escorting on walks, groceries, other shopping
- lightly assisting with communication or coordinating logistics (e.g., making calls for appointments)
- light housekeeping (e.g., taking out garbage/recycling. We have a separate house cleaner.)
- general help (e.g., look up recipes/articles, assist with connecting to bluetooth/wifi or other basic technology)
- Other possible duties: Running errands, assisting with cooking, etc.
Nanny job details
Who you'll nanny for
Nanny job schedule
- TUE: During the day
- THU: During the day