Family needs a caretaker starting ASAP (flexible) in South End - $20/hr
Posted 2 months ago by a parent
Part Time, starting ASAP
Boston - South End
$20/hour on 5 days per week
About this nanny job
Hi - We're looking for someone flexible and reliable to help with the following, as our current sitter transitions to a full-time non-babysitting job. We are two professionals who have been working remotely and will likely continue to do so indefinitely.
From March - June, our kids (G,8 and B,5) will be on Hybrid learning, so we'd like someone at our home supervising them M,T,W from 10-6, some of which is Zoom school, some of which is schoolwork, and some of which is playtime. Ideally, you could also pick them up at school (in Chinatown) at 4 on Thursdays and Fridays) and bring them home for play until dinner time, but that's lower priority.
Starting in July, our kids will be at camp, and we'd need someone to pick up the kids at 3(ish) in the South End at the bus stop, bring them home, and hang with them until 6(ish). There will also be some days in June and in August where we just need full-day care when they're not at camp.
Our kids are generally happy and engaged. Excessive screen time from school has been a challenge so we prioritize non-screen activities other than when they have to be on Zoom. They love Legos, crafts, outside play (there's a park behind our house), reading, board games, and pretend play.
Assuming we mutually like the arrangement, we can continue the afterschool pickups on some or all days in September.
A few notes:
1. We have been very cautious during COVID, with just one family of three people in our "bubble" and masked or quarantining otherwise. We have not been inside restaurants, or at family or holiday gatherings, or traveled. We expect our babysitter to be equally cautious until we're all vaccinated.
2. The other family with whom we're in a bubble has a child the age of our daughter. One or two days a week, she's been joining our kids for remote learning at our home, and we've increased our babysitter's pay for those times from $20 to $25.
3. We have a friendly dog. You're not responsible for her, but she tends to get involved in everything :)
4. If you've read this far- great ! We realize there is a lot here and we're asking for a lot of different kinds of help in different time slots, so let us know what is reasonable for you - we're flexible. Our most recent babysitter worked for us for years, we are looking for someone who can be an extended part of our family. Depending on what you like and are available for, we're able to guarantee hours.
Nanny job details
Who you'll nanny for
Ages: 8 years, 5 years
Nanny job schedule
- MON: during the day (flexible days)
- TUE: during the day (flexible days)
- WED: during the day (flexible days)
- THU: during the day (flexible days)
- FRI: during the day (flexible days)
Schedule is flexible