Nanny required starting Monday, Dec 12 in Upper West Side - $22/hr
Posted 21 days ago by a parent
Full Time, starting Monday, Dec 12
New York, NY - Upper West Side 10025
$22/hour for 0 hour per week
About this nanny job
Looking for long-term nanny for a sweet, happy, energetic 1-year-old boy. He's been on a reliable sleep/eat schedule since he was 3 months old. Starting rate of $22/hr with a minimum of 30 hours/week. You will receive paid time off. Hoping someone can grow with our family!
** Job would have a training period in mid to late December and start the first week of January. **
- prepare simple meals and snacks for baby
- read, play, sing, and engage with baby - looking for a low-tech caregiver who will not be on their phone.
- take baby to park, library, and occasional classes (organized by parents)
- keep baby on schedule (again - he is pretty reliable here!)
- run simple errands for family/baby
- maintain clean, organized home: weekly vacuuming, wipe down kitchen countertops/bathroom, wash baby toys, etc.
- ability to do laundry (in our building) when time permits is a huge plus! Ability to meal prep large amounts of veggies (for baby & parents) during naptime also a plus.
- occasional opportunities to travel/work with family at family's house (2 hrs from city). You'd have a private room and bathroom and would only be expected to work during set hours.
- kind, gentle, creative, physically active caregiver
- 5+ years experience with infants/toddlers + references. any early childhood/other relevant credentials are a plus
- excellent communicator
- pet-friendly! We have 2 small friendly dogs (Havanese & Shih Tzu) and a cat. They will require minimal care but will be around the home (and may want to sit in your lap).
- We are a musical/artistic family, so any music/drama training is a plus!
- CPR/First Aid certified (or willing to become certified)
- vaccinated against COVID-19
Quick note: I am a former nanny and early childhood specialist who understands the value of an excellent caregiver. We will treat you like a member of our family and give you the respect you deserve! :) We have an open kitchen policy, meaning you're welcome to eat whatever you like from our home. We also will offer pet-sitting opportunities when we're away for extra $, although it's not required.
Nanny job details
Who you'll nanny for
Age: 1 year old
Nanny job duties
Benefits of the job