Help us solve the caregiving dilemma
At UrbanSitter, we believe that everyone should be free to pursue their choice of career, education, family and self. For millions of Americans, a lack of affordable, trusted caregiving solutions stands in the way of following their life's passions-or worse, maintaining their basic mental health.
We're here to change that. If you're passionate about building solutions that connect families with caregivers and caregivers with well-paid work, come join our team.
Find occasional, part-time, or full-time positions as a babysitter, nanny, tutor, pet sitter, senior caregiver, housekeeper and more.Find Jobs Near You
Sales Development Representative
We are looking for a dynamic, high-performing, and results-driven individual to join UrbanSitter’s sales team. This team is responsible for the sale of UrbanSitter’s employee corporate care benefit offering to corporations, government entities and nonprofits. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of exceeding sales quota, loves the thrill of the hunt, and is capable of building and growing our business pipeline. They also have experience navigating through organizations, doing deep discovery, and speaking to multiple decision makers.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) for UrbanSitter will proactively build client relationships while consistently achieving and exceeding revenue goals. They are the front line of the sales process and spend their days prospecting trying to solve the nation’s care challenge of providing child care, elder companion care, pet care and household services to working families. This person will ideally have a robust network of Human Resources professionals. They are measured by their seamless handoffs of qualified pipeline to our Account Executive Sales team. Strong organizational and follow-up skills are key, and a competitive, friendly, numbers-driven personality will thrive here.
This is a remote position and would ideally be based in California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Florida, Virginia, Hawaii or New York. Some travel may be required.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Research, identify, and tenaciously generate new weekly opportunities
- Methodically qualify, build, and manage an accurate sales pipeline; maintain a high volume of activity including outbound calls, emails, & social selling
- Support proposal and pitch creation for qualified leads
- Consistently exceed monthly and annual sales quota
- Responsible for accurately tracking customer interactions and information in HubSpot CRM System
- Conduct high level conversations with senior executives
- Thrive in a continuously changing environment while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- BA or BS
- 3-5 years of solid B2B sales experience – benefits and/or HR industry experience preferred
- Sales development and lead generation experience, ability to create a quality pipeline from scratch
- Command of products, industry, and knowledge of trends with a focus on target markets
- Ability to organize, develop and execute a strategic plan and prioritization of accounts
- Organized and process-oriented in approach and prioritization of targets & tasks – must be able to manage concurrent activities across the sales cycle and multiple opportunities
- Ability to maintain accurate information on each account in a sales automation system
- Strong relationship management skills
- A high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong presentation skills to small and large audiences, including C level audiences
What We Commit To You
- Salary range – $60,000 to $66,000 plus bonus potential
- Work with a collaborative team that respects diversity and inclusion
- An open culture where you can see your ideas put into action right away
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage – for most plans we cover 100% of employee-only and 65% of family premiums
- Life insurance
- 401k retirement savings plan
- 3 weeks vacation in the first three years and 4 weeks thereafter (plus 12 holidays)
- Generous leave policy, including "work remote policy"
- Hardware is provided
- The opportunity to travel to company headquarters in San Francisco 1-2 times per year for company events
UrbanSitter is making it easier than ever for families to find, book and pay for trusted care for the entire household, from backup child care to experienced nannies, tutors, pet sitters, cleaners, and senior care. In addition to helping families, UrbanSitter also partners with employers to provide a trusted caregiver network as a benefit to support and retain employees, increase productivity, and reduce absenteeism due to a lack of child care. With millions of registered users across the country, UrbanSitter is solving the caregiver dilemma for families everywhere.
Only UrbanSitter taps into personal networks and the social graph to help families connect with caregivers hired by their friends, moms groups, and parents from their kid’s school. A sophisticated search algorithm, real-time scheduling tools, and instant payment technology bring efficiency to an otherwise time-intensive process.
The company is backed by Advance Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, DBL Investors, First Round Capital, Match Group - a division of IAC, Menlo Ventures, Rustic Canyon, Aspect Ventures, GingerBread Capital, A-Grade Investments and several angel investors.
Send a resume indicating your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org